Online entry for the Grand Prize
Entries are now closed!
Watch Win A Home Fridays at 7:30pm to see who will win our Grand Prize apartment.
Terms and Conditions
WIN A HOME GRAND PRIZE WITH PRIVATE PROPERTY COMPETITION RULES
1. The Win a Home Grand Prize Competition ("the Competition") will be run by Cardova Trading (Pty) Ltd and its associated entities ("the organiser");
2. The Competition is sponsored by:
- Private Property South Africa (Pty) Ltd;
- Mercedes-Benz South Africa (Pty) Ltd;
- LG Electronics South Africa (Pty) Ltd;
- Kansai Plascon (Pty) Ltd; and
- Nedbank Limited.
(collectively "the sponsors")
3. By entering the Competition you accept and agree that the Competition rules as set out in these terms and conditions are binding on you.
WHO CAN ENTER?
4. In order to be eligible to enter the Competition and to receive a prize herein:-
4.1. you must be a legal resident of South Africa and be in possession of a valid identification document with a 13 digit identity number;
4.2. you must permanently reside in South Africa;
4.3. you must be 18 years of age or older;
4.4. you must hold a valid driver's license;
4.5. you must be a registered tax payer in the Republic of South Africa;
4.6. you cannot be a juristic person and must be an individual person;
4.7. you must not be barred or disqualified by any authority from taking delivery and transfer of the prize or any portion thereof.
5. Notwithstanding clause 4 above, the Competition is not open to any person who is a director, member, partner, employee or agent of, or consultant to the organiser or any other person who directly or indirectly controls, or is controlled by, the organiser, including their direct family members, business partners and associates, or any sponsor or supplier of goods or services in connection with the Competition.
ENTRY AND PARTICIPATION
6. The Competition will consist of 2 (two) phases:
6.1. the entry ("phase 1"); and
6.2. the Top 6 (six) Challenge ("phase 2");
7. Entries for the Competition will commence on Friday, 21 August 2015 at 19h30 and will close on Sunday, 1 November 2015 at 24h00 (midnight) ("the entry period").
How do you enter?
8. There are 2 (two) methods of entering the Competition:
8.1. First method:
8.1.1. By entering any one of the weekly SMS competitions that will be run on the Win a Home television program during the period from 21 August 2015 until 1 November 2015 you will also automatically be entered into the draw for the Grand Prize competition, provided that you are eligible to enter the Grand Prize Competition in terms of these Competition rules;
8.1.2. SMS' will be charged at R 1,50 per SMS entry. Free SMS' do not apply.
8.2. Second method:
8.2.1. Complete and submit the entry form online within the period from Friday, 4 September 2015 until Sunday, 1 November 2015 at 24h00. The entry form can be found on the competition page on www.winahome.tv;
9. You may enter up to 500 (five hundred) times only for the Competition, which includes both online and SMS entries together. Any entries over and above 500 entries will not be included in the draw for the Top 6 Finalists.
10. No automated entries will be allowed and each entry must be made by a natural person manually.
11. If any entry was made in a manner which in the organiser's discretion may provide an entrant with an unfair advantage over other entrants, unless these rules specifically allow such conduct, such entrant will be disqualified from this and all future competitions run by the organisers.
12. Entrants will be required to attend to the cost for their entry, including standard internet costs.
13. The organiser, its agents and the SABC accept no responsibility for any problems or technical malfunction of any communication network or any late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible or corrupted entries. The organiser, its agents and the SABC are not liable for any costs incurred, responses received or any other consequences of user error.
Determination of the Top 6 Finalists
14. 6 (Six) names ("the Top 6 Finalists") will be randomly drawn by means of an automated system by the organiser, or its appointed representative, from all correct entries received within the entry period. Only entries received within the entry period will be considered.
14.1. The organiser will contact each of the Top 6 Finalists telephonically on the telephone numbers provided on their entries, or the telephone number from which an SMS entry was sent, on or by Tuesday, 3 November 2015
14.2. The organiser will make at least three attempts to contact each of the Top 6 Finalists. In the event that any Top 6 Finalist is not contactable per telephone after at least three attempts and by 17h00 on Tuesday, 3 November 2015, that person may be disqualified at the sole and unfettered discretion of the organisers and a new Top 6 Finalist may be drawn on the same conditions herein.
14.3. If a dispute arises regarding the identity of a Top 6 Finalist, the owner of the SIM card used for the entry will be deemed to be the selected Top 6 Finalist, even though the handset may have been used by another individual or if another person may have used the cellular number on the entry form to enter the Competition.
14.4. The organiser may contact any person selected as a Top 6 Finalist at any time prior to the participation in the Top 6 Finalist round or thereafter, and request proof of any such documentation that are, in the sole discretion of the organiser, necessary to determine the entrants eligibility to enter the Competition. Failure to timeously provide the requested proof of eligibility may result in disqualification, and a new Top 6 Finalist may be drawn at the discretion of the organiser.
The Top 6 Challenge
15. The Top 6 Finalists will be flown to Durban at the organiser's expense, where they will take part in challenges ("Top 6 Challenge") to determine who will win the Grand Prize and the other prizes. The challenges will be announced on the date of the final event. The final event is provisionally scheduled to take place at any time between 4 and 7 November 2015.
15.1. The Top 6 Finalists must make themselves available to travel to Durban and to take part in the Top 6 Finalist Challenge at any time during the period from 3 to 7 November 2015 (dates may be subject to change at the discretion of the organisers). If a Top 6 Finalist refuses to take part, or is otherwise unable to attend or to take part, in the Top 6 Finalist Challenge, he/she will be disqualified and the organisers will be entitled to select another Top 6 Finalist on the same conditions. In light of the above, each Top 6 Finalist must confirm his/her availability to attend and take part in the Top 6 Challenge by 18h00 on Tuesday, 3 November 2015, failing which such finalist may be disqualified and the organisers may draw another finalist on the same conditions.
15.2. The organisers shall appoint a panel of judges to determine at their sole discretion the winner and runners up of the Competition. The organisers/judges' decision/determination with regards to the winner and the first and second runners up, including their decision regarding the prize awards is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The organisers, the Sponsors, their agents and the SABC will not be held responsible for any disputes arising from the Competition, selection of the winner and runners up or prize awards.
15.3. The Top 6 Challenge and the prize awards, which will take place immediately after the conclusion of the challenge, shall be filmed by the organisers and broadcast on the Win a Home television show on SABC 3.
16. The organiser will provide return flights from major airports within South Africa to Durban for Top 6 Finalists who do not reside in Durban and surrounding areas. The finalists will be required to arrange for transport to one of the major airports at their own expense. The organiser will provide for transport and accommodation in Durban, where required for finalists who do not live in Durban.
17. The organiser will contact each Top 6 Finalist to make the necessary travel arrangements for the trip to Durban.
18. There will be three prizes for the Competition;-
18.1. First Prize to be awarded to the winner is a furnished, two bedroom apartment at Ilala Views, Durban ("the Apartment");
18.2. The first runner-up prize is a Mercedes-Benz vehicle, provided by Mercedes-Benz ("the Mercedes"); and
18.3. The second runner-up prize is LG Electronics products to the total value of R 50 000,00 (Fifty Thousand Rand).
(collectively "the Prizes")
19. The Prizes are not transferable and cannot be deferred or exchanged for cash or equivalent value;
20. The delivery and passing of one of the Prizes to a winner and runners-up is subject to the necessary approvals being obtained from the applicable regulatory authorities and that winner and/or any runners-up not being legally barred or disqualified from acquiring and taking delivery and/or transfer of the prize or any portion thereof. In the event of the latter being the case, or said approvals not being granted within 60 (sixty) days from the handover, the organizer shall be entitled, but not obliged, to cancel the award and the winner and/or runners-up as the case may be shall not have any claim against the organizer or the Sponsors for any damages, compensation or the like arising from cancelling the award.
21. In the event of cancellation of the award to any one of the runners up, the organizer shall be entitled, but not obliged, to award the prize to the winner of the Competition, or as otherwise determined at the sole and unfettered discretion of the organiser. In the event of cancellation of the award to the winner, the organizer shall be entitled, but not obliged, to award the prize to the first runner up of the Competition, or as otherwise determined at the sole and unfettered discretion of the organiser.
22. If you are determined as one of the runners up/winner:-
22.1. you agree to accept the Prizes on the date of the handover;
22.2. you agree to accept the Prizes, including any parts thereof voetstoots;
22.3. you will use the Prizes, or any part thereof, at own risk. The organizer, the sponsors, their agents and the SABC shall not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss), damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (including but not limited to that arising from any person's negligence) in connection with this Competition or accepting or using the Prizes.
23. With regards to the Apartment (If you are awarded the Apartment):
23.1. You agree to sign all such documentation on the date of handover of the Apartment, or as soon thereafter as reasonably possible, that may be required to effect the transfer of the Apartment from Construction ID (Pty) Ltd to your name;
23.2. You acknowledge, accept and agree you may not be able to occupy the Apartment on date of handover and that you will only be able to occupy the Apartment on the date upon which the Apartment and the private and exclusive use areas in the building are available for beneficial occupation and the common areas for the occupants within Ilala Views are substantially complete for the use of these occupants, provided such date shall be at the discretion of Construction ID (Pty) Ltd, but not more than 60 (sixty) days from the date the Architects certifies that the unit and exclusive use and/or private areas, as well as the common areas are completed and available for occupation.
23.3. You agree to complete, sign and or provide all such further documentation to effect the transfer of the Apartment to your name;
23.4. You will not be liable for any direct cost or fees, including legal fees, associated with the transfer and registration of the Apartment in your name or any occupation rent or interest from the date you are awarded the prize until the date of transfer into your name.
23.5. You agree to accept and to accord with the Ilala Views Body Corporate – Conduct Rules, a copy of which will be handed to you on the date of handover of the Apartment.
23.6. You acknowledge and accept that after the period of 6 (six) months from the date of occupation has lapsed, you will be liable to pay the Levies with regards to the Apartment.
24. With regards to the Mercedes (if you are awarded the Mercedes):
24.1. You acknowledge that you will be accepting the Runner-up Prize that may have been used for promotional purposes of the Competition, and that the vehicle may be subject to promotional mileage;
24.2. Insurance on the vehicle for the first 6 (six) months from the date of delivery of the vehicle shall be paid by the organizer, where after you will be responsible for same.
24.3. The vehicle will be available to be collected by you from a Mercedes-Benz South Africa show room as indicated by Mercedes-Benz, or as otherwise determined by Mercedes-Benz.
24.4. You will be required to collect the vehicle in person and at your own expense.
24.5. You must make necessary arrangements to collect the vehicle on such date and time provided by the organizer.
24.6. You must have and provide a valid driver’s license and 13 digit identity document.
24.7. You will be required to provide all the necessary FICA documents to transfer the vehicle to your name.
24.8. You must agree to all terms and conditions related to the transfer process of the vehicle.
24.9. You must agree to the paperwork associated with the transfer process of the vehicle to effect registration of ownership.
25. With regards to the LG Electronics Products (if you are awarded the LG Electronics Products):
25.1. The LG Electronics Prize will be delivered to the second runner up herein at a address within South Africa within 30 (thirty) days from the determination of the second runner up.
26. The organiser, the Sponsors, the SABC and their agents shall not be liable for any claim of whatsoever nature as a result of any damage, loss or the like suffered or sustained by an entrant or the winners due to any disqualification or forfeiture of a prize as provided in accordance with this terms and conditions.
27. The organiser reserves the right to modify or amend the terms and conditions as well as to terminate the Competition at any time if it is deemed necessary in its opinion. In the event of such termination, all entrants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of the Competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the organiser, their agents and/or suppliers.
28. The organiser reserves the right to replace any Prize herein with a prize of equal or greater value should it be deemed necessary in its sole and unfettered discretion.
29. The organiser's decision regarding any matter concerning the Competition and/or arising out of these terms and conditions, including the determination of the Winner, is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The organizer, the Sponsors or their agents will not be held responsible for any disputes arising from the competition or prize award.
30. Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to, or must be understood to, unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations, as the case may be, created for either you or the organiser in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 ("the CPA").
31. You acknowledge that by submitting your entry to the Competition you have been given an appropriate opportunity to first read these terms and conditions before entering and that you understand and agree to the terms and conditions.
32. All entrants to this competition participate entirely at their own risk. By entering the competition, you consent to these risks and hereby indemnify and hold harmless the organiser, the sponsors and all their associated entities, their suppliers and the SABC, their directors, employees and agents of any and all liability pertaining to any damage, cost, injuries and losses of whatever nature sustained as a result of their participation in the Competition, save where such damage, cost, injuries and losses are sustained as a result of the gross negligence or willful misconduct of any indemnified party.
33. If you are determined as a Top 6 Finalist, you hereby agree to take part in the Top 6 Challenge in Durban to determine the winner and prize awards as described above, you acknowledge and agree that your participation will be filmed and broadcast on the Win a Home television show and that the organizer has the right to film, record, tape and photograph you during and in connection with your participation in the Competition. Your attention is drawn specifically to the provisions of regulation 11(3) of the regulations to the Consumer Protection Act, No 68 of 2008 that any successful entrant may decline the use of any and/or all photo and videos created during the Competition for marketing and promotional purposes. You hereby assign to the organizer all present and future intellectual property rights and related rights (including, without limitation, copyright and performer’s property rights and all like rights) in and to your appearance in the Win a Home television show, any recordings, videotapes, photographs and/or any other materials created by or on behalf of the organizer pursuant to this Competition (the “Footage”). You hereby grant all necessary consents, under the Copyright, Act 1978 or otherwise, to the organizer and its affiliates worldwide to use and exploit all rights assigned to the organizer under this clause forever and throughout the world in any and all media now known or hereafter discovered, without restriction, and unconditionally and irrevocably waive, in favour of the organizer, its affiliates, licensees, assigns and successors in title, such rights under Sections 20 of the Copyright Act 1978 (as amended from time to time) and, so far as is legally possible, any and all moral rights or similar rights as you now have or hereafter acquire anywhere in the world in relation to your appearance in the Footage and every part thereof. All right and title in and to the Footage shall vest in the organizer, and the organizer shall be entitled to use and exploit the Footage in whole or in part, in the Competition or any production thereof or otherwise, as it may at its absolute discretion determine. The organizer shall have the right to assign and/or license the rights (including the Footage itself or excerpts thereof) granted to the organizer under this agreement to third parties without restriction.
34. If you are determined as a Top 6 Finalist, you acknowledge that the Top 6 Challenge, the determination of the winner and the handing over of the prizes will take place prior to the actual broadcast of the event on the Win a Home television show and will become known to you.
35. You acknowledge that any information pertaining to the Top 6 Challenge, including without limitation, any information pertaining to your participation or the participation of any other finalist, the determination of the winner or any runner up, or any other information relating to the event that may be regarded to be confidential, is strictly confidential and is valuable to the organiser, the Sponsors and the SABC. You acknowledge that the Organisers and all third parties involved with the running of the Competition may suffer damages if any such information should be disclosed to the general public, by means of any media or otherwise, prior to the broadcast of such information on the Win a Home television show and hereby irrevocably agree not to disclose any information pertaining to the final round of the Competition, including without limitation, any events leading up to the final round, the processes/events that make up the final round, your participation, the participation of any other finalist, any information pertaining to the identity of the eventual winner or possible winner of the Competition, to any third party by any means prior to the announcement of the winner of the Competition on the Win a Home television show.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
36. Any personal information collected by the organizer during the course of this Competition will be used in connection with the Competition and will not be disclosed except where and if:
36.1. it is necessary for the Competition,
36.2. the organisers are legally compelled to do so;
36.3. the personal information is otherwise used or disclosure is made at the entrant's request or upon the entrant's consent.
37. Personal information collected will not be utilised for any commercial purposes.